BEEBE, Ark. – A truck driver has been injured in an explosion at the drive-thru window of a Burger King restaurant.
It happened shortly after 1 p.m. Friday.
According to the Beebe Police Department’s Public Information Officer Steve Hall, the man driving the pickup had a propane tank in the truck bed. After a drive-thru worker told him “something is going on with that tank,” he got out to check on it and found it was leaking.
Ofc. Hall says it then caught fire, probably from static electricity.
The driver was taken to the hospital but there’s no further word on his condition. No one else was injured.
The building has damage on the outside and some on the inside.
The restaurant will be closed for at least two days.