The fire was reported by neighbors at 8:54 AM as smoke coming from the garage. Carl Junction Fire Protection District arrived quickly and requested mutual aid from Webb City Fire Department, Oronogo Fire District and Joplin Fire Department.
Family and family dog were reported out safe at the beginning of the battle. In under two hours. The home declared a total loss according to Carl Junction Fire Chief Joe Perkins.
Chief Perkins also goes on to tell Four States Home Page, “The State Fire Marshal ruled the fire originated at the golf cart that was being charged in the attached garage on the north side of the house. Fire spread into the attic space and quickly claimed the attic.”
A mutual friend of our reporter, Shannon Becker, sent along this heartfelt message from the family who lost everything in the fire.
“We are blessed we are alive and our fur baby, Boomer. It’s just material things. It all can be replaced. People can’t be. Thank you for the prayers.”
If you would like to make a donation to the family they requested:
Due to the amazing support from the the Briarbrook Community, we ask that anyone make a donation to the Joplin Humane Society in the name of our beloved dog Boomer [who survived and is fine] so others can be blessed as we have been. #JoplinNewsFirst #KODE12 #KSN16