JOPLIN, Mo. — Large plumes of smoke rise above a residence just off of W. Junge Blvd Wednesday morning.

The fire started sometime before 9 A.M. Wednesday morning at 1314 Byers in Joplin.

Fire fighters said it happened at a two-story garage complex where the top story was being used as a living space.

The building filled with flames and smoke but fortunately no one was inside. No injuries were reported either but the building is considered destroyed. At one point the second story collapsed onto the first.

The fire took time to fight due to live electrical wires posing safety concerns for fire crews.