JOPLIN, Mo. — This is a regular scheduled meeting. CLICK HERE to view the agenda on a link. Or click below to follow along by PDF with active links to documents.
- HIGHLIGHTS ON THE AGENDA:
- Quarterly Economic Development Update From Chamber of Commerce President Toby Teeter. Launch of new website FLY JOPLIN and pushing the hashtag #flyjoplin where you can compare prices between other regional airports.
- Update from the Joplin Health Department Director Ryan Talken. Assistant City Manager Dan Pekarek spoke instead this evening.
- Lynn Onstot Updates the Joplin City Council and the Public regarding Christmas Tree drop off after Christmas. Place them without any decorations at the signs located at one of 3 locations. 1) Parking lot at Humphries Park, Royal Heights Neighborhood 2) South Jackson at McEndoe Park, the SW Parking Lot, near low water walking bridge 3) Public Works Center 1301 West 2nd, near North Middle School.
- COUNCIL BILL NO. 2020-613 – AN ORDINANCE approving the applications of Ozark Christian College for marketing their 2021 Conference Series; Active Lifestyles’ Joplin Memorial Run; Rufus Racing LLC for the Summer Roundup Triathlon; Elevate the Chains, for their Moving the Chains football clinic and games; JOMO Pride Inc., for JOMO Pride; Four State Trucks, for Guilty by Association; and Carl Junction Chamber of Commerce for the 24 Annual Bluegrass Festival for utilization of FY21 Festivals and Celebrations support pursuant to Ordinance No. 2000-148, as authorized by the voters on November 7, 2000; authorizing the City Manager to execute appropriate agreements with each such organization for the utilization of such funds.
- COUNCIL BILL NO.2020-507 – AN ORDINANCE approving a Tax Increment Financing Funding Agreement by and between Woodsonia Joplin, LLC., a Nebraska limited liability company, and the City of Joplin, Missouri; authorizing the City Manager to execute said Agreement on behalf of the City of Joplin; and containing an emergency clause.
- Additional items by clicking on the link below.
To view all upcoming and past agendas, click here for the city of Joplin AGENDA CENTER. To access the City of Joplin Streaming Media Archive, click here. You can view this video or any past video on your own time. Joplin News First and Four States Home Page air these meetings as a courtesy so as many as possible can participate in local city government.
JOPLIN CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
MONDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2020
JOPLIN CITY HALL 5th FLOOR COUNCIL CHAMBERS
602 S. MAIN STREET, JOPLIN, MISSOURI
This meeting can be viewed via livestream atCITY OF JOPLIN POSTED DECEMBER 14, 2020 9:00 AM
http://www.joplinmo.org/182/Video-Multimedia In compliance with the social distancing
requirement of six feet, the number of guests in the Council Chambers is limited to 45.
“Anyone wishing to address the Council should step to the podium and state his/her name. If the matter is not a Public Hearing, a request to speak to the Council should be prepared prior to the meeting. Speaking time will be limited to five (5) minutes.”
“Sound enhancement units are available for hearing impaired customers who provide a form of identification as security, which will be returned to the customer upon the return of the unit. Those in need of disability-related auxiliary aids or services should contact the City Clerk’s office at (417) 624-0820, ext. 220 no later than 48 hours prior to the meeting.” CITY OF JOPLIN ON CITY COUNCIL MEETING PROTOCOL