JOPLIN, Mo. — Just after 6:00 p.m. Sunday Joplin Emergency Dispatch were alerted to a chimney fire in the 2700 block West D in Joplin. The neighborhood known as Chitwood.
Joplin Fire, Joplin Police and METS ambulance responded to 2703 West D.
Shortly after arrival Joplin Fire D Street command sounded a second alarm as fire was present in the attic.
The fire was declared under control at 6:43 p.m.
Red Cross was contacted to assist the residents. Battalion Chief on the scene told us five people were displaced.
There were no injuries.
We will edit this article with additional information as it becomes available. Stay with Joplin News First as we continue to learn more. Subscribe to our daily newsletter so you don’t miss an article. Click here then check the box next to our name and click subscribe.