JOPLIN METRO AREA — We will update this article through the day Thursday, January 6, 2022. Please click here to access storm preparedness tips and apps.
- 3:00 p.m. – 19° however it feels like 7° factoring the winds.
- 11:00 a.m. – Cold conditions persist and anything on the roads is frozen unless treated or scraped. Wind child is -2°. There are now dozens of non-injury crashes. Do not drive the speed limit. Drive with caution.
- 9:00 a.m. – Winds make it feel about 0°, numerous crashes and slide off roads, but no reported injuries.
- 7:30 a.m. – Two cars overturned in separate crashes during the morning commute. Watch for trucks treating the roadways. Scroll below for links to conditions across the region.
- 4:25 a.m. – Bitterly cold morning at 20°, we expect a high of 21° today and winds about 15 mph. Road conditions are clear. The only area with precipitation causing issues is along I-70, 150 miles north of Joplin.
“5 AM Thursday: Light snow is falling over parts of SE Kansas and SW Missouri. Some of the snow on this radar is fighting dry air and not making it to the ground. What is hitting the ground is sticking to roadways. We have reports of partly covered roads in areas along and north of Jasper county. Stay updated with road conditions through kandrive.org and modot.org. Let me know what you’re seeing!”ALEXIS CLEMONS METEOROLOGIST
MIDWEST ROADWAY CONDITIONS
- Arkansas 501-569-2374
- Louisiana 888-762-3511
- Mississippi 601-359-1993
- Missouri 888-275-6636
- Oklahoma 844-465-4997
- Tennessee 877-244-0065
- Texas 800-452-9292
MISSOURI – MODoT Travelers APP
You can use the MoDOT Travelers App and view cameras on your own. See upcoming detours or planned closures. For up to the minute information you can download the MoDOT Travelers App for FREE.
- CLICK HERE FOR iOS/APPLE or CLICK HERE FOR ANDROID
- You can view the map and cameras on a browser, desktop or laptop by clicking here.
ARKANSAS – ARDoT APP
Call for information or download FREE APP below. Call 501-569-2374
KANSAS – KanDrive
KanDrive is the website of the Kansas Department of Transportation. CLICK HERE to access the KanDrive Portal. You can see roadside cameras, road conditions, crashes, slow downs.
OKLAHOMA – ODoT Portal
Oklahoma has their active map from ODOT. CLICK here to access it on a phone or desktop. Call for information 844-465-4997