*** MODOT UPDATE*** **ALL TRAFFIC **ALL LANES OPENED AT 4 p.m. THURSDAY ##
JOPLIN, Mo. – The early morning hours of Thursday reports of chunks of concrete falling from beneath the westbound bridge span of I-44 falling onto South Main Street has closed some roadways at that interchange delaying traffic making travel through that area difficult.
Where: Westbound I-44 over Missouri Route 43 (Main Street) in Joplin
What: Westbound I-44 bridge reduced to one lane over Route 43 to allow MoDOT crews to repair bridge deck/driving surface
• Westbound I-44 bridge over Route 43 reduced to one lane
• Westbound I-44 traffic shifted to left lane
• Southbound Route 43 reduced to one lane under I-44 bridge
• Southbound Route 43 traffic shifted to right lane
⏩ Drivers should expect delays
⏩ Drivers urged to find alternate route
*** EARLIER INFORMATION ***
Please avoid the area of I-44 and Main Street. Due to the bridge being damaged, westbound traffic is being forced to exit at Main St.
- Southbound traffic on Main St is also closed.
- Traveling to Mercy Hospital, must use:
- 44th Street
- 50th Street
This area will remain closed until the bridge can be inspected by MODOT.
FOLLOW OUR SOCIALS, SEE NEWS AS YOU SURF
This is a Breaking News Story. Stay with Joplin News First as we continue to learn more. Subscribe to our daily newsletter so you don’t miss an article. Click here then check the box next to our name and click subscribe.