JOPLIN, Mo.-– The food is prepped. The staff is trained. The weather isn’t cooperating but the day is here! The Joplin Gringos is now open at 317 West 26th in Joplin. It’s the former location of Joplin’s Irving Elementary School which stood from 1923 until the Joplin tornado of 2011.
27 years ago mom, Anissa Parrish began her career working for Gringos, the original founders. And 11 years ago she and husband Chris (he worked on the companys signs) purchased the Webb City location. It has continued to thrive under their ownership and management. They hope to do the same here in Joplin.
The daily special is posted on the sign
THERE ARE TWO DRIVE THRUS — GO THE SAME WAY
Owner Chris Parrish tells us that 70% of their business is drive thru. They built this building with that in mind. The two drive thrus go the same way, so the passenger can order on one side or the driver on the other, choose either one. Enter both on South Pearl and exit onto South Wall (remember South Wall is a one way street).