JOPLIN, Mo. — Joplin Police state, “Congratulations to all who helped with the Special Olympics Truck Convoy as it raised over $150,000 tonight! 26th street will be shut down from McClelland Blvd to Pearl Avenue until noon tomorrow (Sunday). Maiden Ln/McClelland Blvd are open to traffic north, south and west bound. Pearl Avenue are open to traffic north, south and east bound. Thank you to the public for having patience while this event takes place!”
LIVE! Special Olympics Convoy to Mercy Park — HUNDREDS OF TRUCKS >> BIT.ly/3kBxBkl
LIVE! Special Olympics Convoy to Mercy Park — HUNDREDS OF TRUCKS >> BIT.ly/3kBxBkl (…+) Easton Corbin/Curtis Grimes free concert this evening begins at 7:45 p.m. at Mercy Park where all the big rigs line up for a light show.Posted by Joplin News First on Saturday, September 25, 2021
JOPLIN, Mo. — The Joplin Police Dept detailed information on road closures, alternate routes and the path of Saturday evenings, 4State Trucks Convoy for Special Olympics.
“The Joplin Police Department, with assistance from the Missouri State Highway Patrol and Missouri Department of Transportation will escort approximately 600 Big Rigs through town to support Special Olympics. This has become a frequent event in the area, and we are proud to help support the cause.”
Bryan “Bossman” Martin of Four State Trucks tells us this is going to be the biggest year ever, “885 trucks pre-registered which is hundreds more than we had in the past.“
Joplin Police state, “The convoy will consist of two separate truck escorts, separated by 10 minutes to allow for traffic relief at I-44 exit 4. The route will be impassible during the escort. The escort should be complete around 8pm.”
The escort will leave 4 State Trucks on 43 Highway at 6pm:
- North on Coyote / Schifferdecker to 20th St.
- East on 20th to Main
- South on Main to 26th St.
- West on 26th St.
- End at Mercy Park/Cunningham Park, parking 4-across closing West 26th at Maiden Lane
- Cross traffic along the escort route.
- Main Street will be closed to southbound traffic from 20th to 26th.
- 26th Street will be closed to non-local traffic between Main Street and Maiden Lane.
- Joplin and Wall will be closed at 20th and 26th.
- No cross traffic on 20th, 26th, or 32nd along Schifferdecker.
- No cross traffic on Maiden Lane at 20th.
- Best east/west routes to travel will be 7th Street, Junge Blvd, and 15th Streets
- Best north/south routes to travel will be Range Line, Connecticut and Indiana.
Stay with Joplin News First for Breaking News and more important stories on our news tab at FSHP. Subscribe to our daily newsletter so you don’t miss an article. Click here then check the box next to our name and click subscribe.