Health officials say the player is isolated at home with family members.
All players have been notified, but since football practice does not meet the “classic close contact” definition, health officials, school administration, and coaching staff have jointly decided practice can continue.
- There are only short bursts of contact, and aren’t long in duration
- Practice can continue but they should monitor symptoms until July 30th.
- They’re urging players and coaches to limit contact with others
- If another player tests positive, all practices will end immediately
- If another player tests positive, all players and coaches will quarantine
As the school year approaches, the health department says each incident will be handled in a case-by-case basis.