Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. PUBLIC HEALTH SYSTEM FACES MORE CUTS AMID VIRUS An investigation by the AP and KHN finds that since 2010, spending for state public health departments has dropped by 16% per capita and by 18% per capita for local health departments.
2. TRUMP’S RUSSIA POLICY CONFOUNDS The paths followed by Trump and the other by his hawkish but changing cast of national security aides on the other create confusion in Congress and among allies and enemies alike.
3. HONG KONG ENFORCES NEW SECURITY LAW Police arrest at least two protesters for carrying flags and signs calling for independence in the semiautonomous city.
4. 16 MORE YEARS That’s what Russian President Vladimir Putin is seeking in office in a constitutional ballot amid widespread reports of voter pressure and other irregularities.
5. ‘YOU BROKE MY WRIST!’ A Black man in Georgia is accusing police of violating his civil rights, saying a white officer slammed him to the ground in the mistaken belief that there was a warrant for his arrest.