NEOSHO, Mo. — A Newton County cooking fire displaces a local family.
Neosho firefighters responded to the call in the 1600 block of Kingsbury Road shortly before 1:30 Thursday.
- Accused Dollar General robber released on OR, now back in jail after bond revoked
- Sounds of the Season: A Glimpse into Proclamation Youth Choir’s Christmas Performance
- Dino-Delight: Traveling cookie truck wows Neosho residents
- Neosho High School’s path to victory at FFA Nationals
- Mother Nature doesn’t stop Neosho lighting ceremony
Smoke and flames caused significant damage to the structure. The fire chief said someone cooking in the home appears to be the cause of the fire.
“We got a call for a structure fire. When they arrived they had heavy smoke and flames coming out the rear of the house. They made a really quick attack on it, great knock down and contained it just to the two rooms in the contents of those rooms,” said Aaron Houlk.
Nobody was injured.