NEWTON COUNTY, Mo. (The Water’s Edge Campground) — This is the second year that Shannon Becker of Joplin News First was invited to judge the BBQ Cook-Off at The Water’s Edge Campground.
- Judges use different categories to determine the best BBQ pulled pork and baby back ribs prepared on-site. Using appearance, taste, tenderness as the top qualifications to judge.
- Cheryle Finley, Guaranty Bank of Carthage. She is a featured columnist of the Joplin Globe, every Wednesday in the Food Section. A frequent guest on KSN-16 LIVING WELL with Shelby Bates and longtime friend of Carol Parker and guest of the longtime-running Carol Parker Show on KSN-16.
- Robin Anderson, Development Director of the Special Olympics of Southwest Missouri Area. Serving: Barry, Barton, Cedar, Christian, Dade, Dallas, Douglas, Greene, Hickory, Howell, Jasper, Laclede, Lawrence, McDonald, Newton, Ozark, Polk, St. Clair, Stone, Taney, Vernon, Webster and Wright. CLICK here to join the Great Pumpkin Splash Festival October 24.
- Gary Stubblefield, Just Call Jo LLC Homes and Real Estate, Keller Williams Realty Joplin. Formerly of Carl Junction Chamber of Commerce. He’s also a food lover and connoisseur of anything a la Fred and Red’s.
The winner’s receive cash prizes from entries received cash entries. It’s not required but most-likely happens that top winners donate to their charity of choice.
- The winners of the Top 3 spots were cash winners.
- #3 Britt Graber
- #2 Dodge County Smokers, donated winnings to Special Olympics of Southwest Missouri.
- #1 Jim Channel, donated his winnings to Faithful Friends Animal Rescue of Neosho.