JOPLIN, Mo. — Joplin wastewater bills are going up.
The City of Joplin has sent out notice of a five percent increase for services starting next year. That affects all customers in Joplin, as well as others who use the Joplin system — including Duquesne, Duenweg and Loma Linda.
- Cocoa and Cheer: Highlights from Joplin’s Holiday Tree Trail Kickoff
- “Life Changing”: The mission of Building Bridges’
- Guarding Your Gifts: Tips to keep packages safe this holiday season
- CPKC Holiday Train stops in Joplin, donates $4K to Salvation Army
- Coats for a Cause: Donations accepted for Bright Future’s winter coat drive
The increase will go towards the growing cost of doing business.
“Everything has went up at the treatment plant – this will offset some of that. It doesn’t-we’re not keeping up with those costs. But it does help offset it,” said Dan Johnson, Joplin Public Works Dir.
The five percent increase goes into effect on January 1.