JASPER COUNTY, Mo. — The Jasper County Sheriff’s Office released numbers on its annual Halloween sex offender compliance checks.
Authorities say 359 people are registered as sex offenders in Jasper County. One hundred sixty of them have to obey certain regulations on Halloween.
- Class to Canvas — Independent Living Center residents shine at the Spiva Center for the Arts
- A Helping Hand for Seniors — Through Grace’s home care mission
- Former Royal Heights PTO treasurer pleads guilty to stealing thousands
- Missouri career criminal sentenced to over 15 years on meth distribution
- Red Cross strained by Missouri’s “extreme disasters”
One hundred fifty-seven of the 160 were checked on by various law enforcement agencies throughout yesterday evening.
One hundred forty-three people were found to be in compliance with all required regulations – 14 individuals were not, and some of them were discovered to have active warrants out for their arrest.