Third Thursday talent contest choosing a finalist each week to compete to tryout for American Idol
Four States Idol Finalists
KODE Four States Idol Contest
1. Sponsors. This Contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by KODE (“Station”), 1502 South Cleveland, Joplin, Missouri, 64801 (“the “Sponsor”), and New Dimensions School of Hair Design. This Contest is void where taxed, restricted, or prohibited and is subject to all local, state, and federal laws. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor(s), which shall be final and not subject to appeal.
This local Contest is NOT sponsored by American Idol. Local winners in this Contest are not guaranteed any appearance on American Idol. Details regarding American Idol auditions and the terms and conditions are available at: www.americanidol.com. By participating in this promotion, entrants acknowledge they have read and agree to terms and conditions separately established by American Idol.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter. The Contest is open to permanent legal U.S. residents who reside within KODE’s viewing area and who are 15-28 years as of April 1st, 2019 (i.e. entrant must be born on or between June 12, 1989 and June 11, 2003). Entrants under the age of 18 years old at entry must have parental/legal guardian consent to be eligible. Current or former employees of KODE, Nexstar Media Group, Inc., and its subsidiaries, the other Sponsors, the other television and radio stations and multichannel video programming distributors in KODE viewing area, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies (including anyone who prepares and/or distributes contest materials), and the immediate family members or persons living in the same household (whether related or not) of all the foregoing are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
Participants are eligible to win a KODE contest or sweepstakes only once every 30 days. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted in any contest or sweepstakes. Participants are eligible to win a prize valued at $600.00 or more only once every six (6) months. Text, data, or messaging rates may apply.
3. Entry. Participants must come to the KODE booth during Third Thursdays in downtown Joplin, MO from 5-8p April-September, 2019 to perform a live acoustic set in front of our panel of (2) judges (the “Judges”), , will review all eligible participants and select one winner on during Third Thursday from April through September, 2019. All finalists based on the criteria detailed below will participate in the Four States Idol finale during Third Thursday in October on the Main Stage. One final winner will be selected, and advance to the American Idol audition nearest Joplin,Mo.
Criteria details listed below:
Voice and Technical Ability 60%
Overall performance 20%
Artist appeal 20%
Finalist under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian to the American Idol auditions, should they win this Contest.
Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for telephone service outages, delays, equipment malfunctions, busy signals, hang-ups, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, or late, lost, failed, illegible, incomplete, garbled or deleted entries, transmissions, or voicemails or other network or technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or online entry, or for printing errors in any advertisement, entry form, or the rules.
Any automated or computer-generated entries, fake or duplicate identities, spam, or improper techniques (as determined by Sponsor(s)) will be disqualified. Any questions regarding the validity, completeness, or number of entries submitted by an individual or the identity of the authorized account holder of an e-mail address, phone number, or social media profile shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion. The Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entrant who acts in a disruptive, harassing, vulgar, or unsportsmanlike manner, as determined by the Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion.
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If the Sponsor(s) determine(s), in its/their sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual tampering with the Contest (electronic or otherwise) or if technical difficulties (e.g. infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor(s)) compromise the security, fairness, integrity or administration of the Contest, the Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to void the entries at issue and/or modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest and conduct a random drawing to award the prize among all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Contest is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted online at www.wate.com. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entrant that tampers with the operation of the Contest or website or violates the Official Rules of the Contest. Entries not conforming to announced entry specifications will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number and caliber of eligible entries received.
5. Restrictions. The entrants/participants may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, any content that:
is obscene, offensive, sexually explicit or suggestive; violent; derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; endorses any form of hate or hate group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
contains products or trademarks of any Sponsor competitor;
defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about any person or company;
contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission, to the extent permission is necessary; contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including, without limitation, photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and/or
violates any law or regulation.
Videos must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If the audition contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties (e.g., audition contains portions written by someone other than entrant), the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the entry by Sponsor(s) in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, permission from the owner to use the content and permissions from any person (or, if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) who appears in or is identifiable in the entry. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor(s) from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof will render entry null and void.
6. Prize(s). There will be one (1) final winner in this Contest, the winner will be selected in person by the Judges based on the finalists’ score (see judging criteria above) during the Four States Idol finale on Third Thursday in October.
The winner is responsible for their own expenses, including but not limited transportation and accommodations.
- One (1) Four State Idol winner will receive a one (1) time scheduled opportunity to audition for an American Idol Producer in a to be determined city. Details of audition to be determined as we draw closer to the finale. .
The final winner must be willing and able to provide the Station with photos and video during their journey to, and participation in, the American Idol Audition.
In the event production of American Idol is cancelled or postponed, or the grand prize winner does not attend the audition, the prizing may be cancelled without substitution or compensation therefore it will be forfeited.
If the final winner is unable to claim the prize, the Sponsors will award the prize to the runner up winner with the next highest score.
7. Conditions for Acceptance of the Prize(s). The winners must claim the prize in-person during the live event in October 2019 during Third Thursday in downtown Joplin, Mo. Winner will be required to provide a valid government issued photo identification card and to execute an affidavit of eligibility and publicity and liability release prior to receiving their prize(s). The Station may require the winner’s guests, invitees, or travel companions to sign liability releases prior to receiving the prize. All unclaimed or rejected prizes will be forfeited. Failure by the winner(s) to respond to the Station’s messages, calls, e-mails or other notification will lead to forfeiture of the prize(s). Failure to completely fill out and sign all waivers, releases, or forms requested by the Station will result in forfeiture of the prize(s). The Station then has the right, at its discretion, to award that prize to another winner using the method described above. A winner who forfeits any prize is not eligible to win another contest conducted by the Station for thirty (30) days. If this contest is open to entrants under the age of 18, a winner is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian will be required to claim the prize(s) and execute all releases on behalf of the minor. If a prize winner is a minor, that winner’s travel companion must be his/her parent or legal guardian.
Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner(s) and the winner(s) may receive an IRS Form 1099 or equivalent from the Sponsor(s). The Sponsor(s) will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) is/are required to fill out any tax forms requested by the Sponsor(s) in order to receive their prize(s).
Unless otherwise stated above, Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all license and registration fees, accommodations, transportation costs, gratuities and all other items of an incidental nature. All expenses on receipt and use of prize(s) are the sole responsibility of the winner(s), the Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for any weather changes or extenuating circumstances relating to a prize received. The Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for events that are delayed or canceled. All delays and cancellations are deemed beyond the control of the Sponsor(s). This includes, but is not limited to, event cancellations, trip schedule changes, flight cancellations, changes in travel arrangements, travel delays of any form and duration, game cancellations and delays, as well as all acts of nature. The Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for any expenses incurred by Contest winners as a result of such delays or cancellations. Sponsor(s) will not be responsible for failure to supply the prize(s) by reason of any force majeure events, such as acts of God, war, terrorist attacks, unusually severe weather, labor strikes, or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor(s).
By accepting the prize, the winner or winners (or, in the case of a minor, their parent/legal guardian) agree to have their name, voice, likeness, biographical information, and entry materials used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, and in any media whatsoever, including the Station and on www.wate.com, for any purpose whatsoever, worldwide, in perpetuity, without any further authorization or compensation to the entrant.
8. Limitation on Liability. Sponsor(s) disclaim(s) all liabilities to the winner(s) with respect to receipt and use of the prize(s). Winners and their guests or travel companions, by acceptance of their prize(s), agree to release and hold the Sponsor(s) and its/their affiliated companies, their advertising, promotion and production agencies, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives harmless from any and all liability, claims, causes of actions, damages, fines, and costs of any kind whatsoever (including reasonable attorney’s fees) which may be sustained directly or indirectly to persons or property in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any Contest- or prize-related activity.
9. Reservation of Rights. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to make changes to these Official Rules in their sole discretion which will become effective upon announcement. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to cancel or terminate this Contest for any reason in the event that it cannot be run or administered as intended by the Sponsor(s). Any such changes or termination will be announced on www.wate.com. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor(s) reserve the right to prosecute or seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Contact Information. For questions or more information about this Contest, please contact KODE at 1502 South Cleveland, Joplin, Missouri, 64801. For a copy of these rules, addendum, and/or list of winners please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KODE within sixty (60) days of the end of this Contest.
Released parties include: American Idol Productions, Fremantle Media North America, Inc., American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., NEG Operations Inc. and all majority owned subsidiaries (including, but not limited to, 19Entertainment Limited, 19 Entertainment, Inc., 19 Touring LLC, 19 Recordings Limited and 19 TV Limited), Telescope, Inc. and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, licensees and assignees of each.