KSNF, KODE, Fourstateshomepage.com, and Fourstateshomepage.mobi would like to remind four-states motorists of a few driving safety tips:
- Tune in to your local radio station or weather radio to stay informed of approaching storms
- Turn on your headlights (low beams) and slow down
- Allow extra distance for braking
- Avoid downed power lines
- Avoid flooded roadways, (Even if the water appears shallow enough to cross, don't try it. Two feet of rushing water can sweep away most vehicles- including SUV's and pick ups.)
- Do not drive during tornado conditions
- Never try to out drive a tornado in a vehicle. Tornadoes can change direction quickly and can lift a car or truck and toss it through the air.
When the storm has passed and there is possible damage, please stay in their homes and off the roadways so that emergency personnel can assist with any and all emergency situations.