- Tune in to your local radio station or weather radio to stay informed of approaching storms
- Turn on your headlights (low beams) and slow down
- Allow extra distance for braking
- Avoid downed power lines
- Avoid flooded roadways, (Even if the water appears shallow enough to cross, don't try it. Two feet of rushing water can sweep away most vehicles- including SUV's and pick ups.)
- Do not drive during tornado conditions
- Never try to out drive a tornado in a vehicle. Tornadoes can change direction quickly and can lift a car or truck and toss it through the air.
Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.