91°F
Sponsored by

Galena Fire Destroys Home

Galena Fire Chief Bill Hall believes the blaze stemmed from faulty electrical wiring.
GALENA,KS-- An afternoon fire leaves a Galena Woman without a home.

Patty Ray called 911 around noon Saturday reporting a fire inside her house located at the corner of Cornwall and 5th street.

Ray was doing laundry when she noticed flames behind her dryer.

When firefighters arrived, her home was fully engulfed by the blaze.

The house was declared a complete loss.

Ray was able to get out of the home before the fire spread and didn't suffer any injuries.

Galena Fire Chief Bill Hall believes the blaze stemmed from faulty electrical wiring behind the dryer.

"It's an older home and no doubt the wiring is old too. The dryer pulls a lot of electricity and no doubt that's what set it," says Hall.

"I just saw the house on fire and I remembered it was the old house I kind of was born and grew up in. It's kind of sad to see the old house burning down" says Jeff Morey who grew up in the home.

Ray has no insurance and is staying with a neighbor.

Chief Hall says their main goal was to get in the house and get Ray her medicine, purse and car keys.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus