Faulty Furnace Causes Fire at a Joplin Apartment Complex

Faulty Furnace Causes Fire at a Joplin Apartment Complex

No one was hurt in the fire, crews have labeled it as accidental.
JOPLIN, MO.--- A faulty furnace causes a fire at a Joplin apartment complex. Shortly after 5 pm, crews were called to a blaze near 2nd and Byers. Officials say the occupant in apartment 8 tried to light their furnace and it caught on fire. It was only a small blaze and crews were able to extinguish it quickly. While there wasn't extensive damage, firefighters did have to take some steps as a precaution.

"Very minor fire damage, little bit of smoke throughout the building, we had to shut off the gas to the building because of the danger from the appliance that was involved," said Mitch Randles, Joplin Fire Chief. 

No one was hurt in the fire. Crews have labeled it as accidental, saying it started by a faulty furnace.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus