NEOSHO, MO.--- Mother Nature is boosting efforts of Neosho firefighters working to put out a fire. Workers at Missouri Walnut L.L.C. were burning a massive pile of wood chips Tuesday when the fire spread. It took the fire department 14 hours to get the fire under control, but three days later, it's still smoldering. The pile is 30 feet tall, one-hundred feet wide, and as long as a football field. Chief Mike Eads says as long as there is rain and moisture in the air, it should smolder out.
Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Page: [[$index + 1]]