GALENA, KS.--- A late-night fire destroys a home in Galena. Both Galena and Baxter Springs fire departments responded to a call about a blaze at 13th and Wall around 10:45 last night. Crews worked until about 3 a.m. making sure it wouldn't spread to surrounding grass areas due to high winds. Galena Fire Chief Bill Hall says one person was home at the time, and the occupant believes a candle could have been the cause. No one was injured. The fire is still under investigation.
Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.