CARL JUNCTION, MO.--- An early morning fire leaves a family of six without a home. Around 7:45 a.m. this morning a fire broke out at 501 West Cowgill in Carl Junction. The home received significant damage. According to the Carl Junction Fire Department, it was an electrical fire that possibly started from a plugged in curling iron in a back bedroom. The family was not in the home at the time, however three pets died in the blaze. The family does have insurance and will be staying with family until they can find a permanent place to live.
Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.