Fire Claims a Carl Junction Home

Published 02/08 2014 08:07PM

Updated 02/08 2014 10:36PM

CARL JUNCTION, MO --- An afternoon fire claims the home of a Carl Junction family. The blaze broke out shortly after noon today at 3180 Central City Road. Firefighters with the Carl Junction Fire Department were on the scene within minutes. When they arrived, the garage and roof were fully engulfed in flames. The homeowner says he was draining gas out of his van and went inside. He left a propane heater on in the garage during that time, and the flames ignited shortly after.

"He left it to go in the house and eat something, and pretty soon his wife heard some commotion and smelled smoke, and they looked, and there was a fire in the garage."

Five people were inside the house, and everyone got out safely. The home is a total loss. The Red Cross has stepped in to assist the family with shelter.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


Featured Business