The Golden Lion Award recognizes students in high school who have demonstrated exemplary community service. Applications will be solicited from area high school teachers & administration and from local organizations like Big Brothers Big Sisters, The Boys and Girls Club, American Red Cross, area YMCA's, etc. We are looking for high school junions or seniors that have demonstrated significant leadership in a group activity or made a significant contribution on an individual basis.
To be eligible, the student must:
- Have engaged in a volunteer activity that occurred at least partly during the 12 months prior to submitting an application and
- Completed an application for and submitted it to a school principle or head of a local organization for verification or
- Be nominated by a teach, administrator, or the head of a local organization
All monthly winners will be invited to attend a dinner at the end of the school year to honor their community service efforts. At the dinner, the overall winners of The Golden Lion Award will be announced. Each will receive a scholarship to Missouri Southern State University. Total value of ALL scholarships awarded will be $10,000.
Monthly winners will be featured in a news story as well as a :60 second vignette to run for 30 days after the announcement of their achievement.
- Make sure applicatnt is elegible. Applicants must:
- Be individuals enrolled in grades 11-12 or equivalent home-school grades. Groups and partners are not eligible
- Describe a volunteer community service activity performed, at least in part, after September 1, 2012
- Not be employees of KSNF-TV | KODE-TV or its affiliates; their children; or children of employees of Beimdiek Insurance or children of employees of Missouri Southern State University or students ofMissouri Southern State University.
- Reside in the KSNF-TV | KODE-TV viewing area which includes the following counties:
- Kansas - Allen, Bourbon, Cherokee, Crawford, Labette, Montgomery, Neosho, Wilson, and Woodsen
- Missouri - Barton, Dade, Jasper, Lawrence, McDonald, Newton, and Vernon
- Oklahoma - Craid, Delaware, and Ottawa
- All Information provided is subject to verification. False, inaccurate, illegibile, incomplete, and/or reformatted applications will be disqualified
- Submit fully completed application to KSNF-TV | KODE-TV, Golden Lion Award, 1502 Cleveland, Joplin, MO 64801
CLICK HERE to Download Application