6 Servings - total time: 30 minutes
1 medium onion
1/2 tsp basil
2 tbs olive oil
1/4 tsp pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 lb fettuccine
2 cups canned whole tomatoes
3/4 lb medium shrimp
1 tsp oregano
1/2 cup pitted black olives
1/4 lb feta cheese (1 cup crumpled) well drained
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, cut the onion into thin slices.
3. In a large skillet, warm the oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the mixture is golden, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, oregano, basil, and pepper, and bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, breaking up the tomatoes with a spoon. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, while you cook the pasta and prepare the shrimp.
5. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente, 10 to 12 minutes, or according to package directions.
6. Meanwhile, shell and devein the shrimp.
7. Uncover the sauce and bring it to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
8. Add the olives and half the feta cheese and stir to combine.
9. Drain the pasta and serve topped with the shrimp and sauce. Crumble the remaining feta cheese on top.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.