1 3/4 cup oats
3 egg whites
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (or regular plain low fat yogurt)
1/2 tsp cream of tartar (or 2 tsp. vinegar)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup hot water
1/2 cup baking stevia or 1 cup sweetener of choice that measures like sugar
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Tip: Use foil cupcake liners, remove the inner paper lining.
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil cupcake liners, or spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2) In a blender or food processor, mix all of the ingredients together, except chocolate chips. Blend until oats are ground and mixture is smooth.
3) Place mixture in a bowl and gently stir in 1/2 of the chocolate chips (set aside the rest). Scoop mixture into prepared muffin pans.
4) Place muffins tins in oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove muffins from the oven, and distribute the other half of the chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
5) Return the muffins back into the oven and bake for an additional 2-5 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.