Speedy Stir-Fry Rice
(Academy of Nutrition &
2 cups instant white or brown rice
Nonstick cooking spray
6 eggs, beaten (or egg substitutes)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 green onions, chopped
1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1. Prepare rice according to package directions for
2. Coat a wok or large skillet with the nonstick cooking
spray; & heat until a drop of water sizzles.
3. Scramble eggs in the wok or skillet & set
4. Add the vegetable oil, green onions & vegetables
to the wok or skillet; stir-fry over high heat for about 5 minutes.
5. Add the cooked rice, eggs & soy sauce; stir-fry
for another 3 minutes.
Makes 6 servings
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Carbohydrates (grams): 36
Fat (grams): 7
Protein (grams): 11
Fiber (grams): 3
Options: Add shrimp, chicken, beef, etc.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.