- 1 1/2 cups raw cauliflower (160g)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder, or 2 tsp minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt (depending on your taste preference for salt – I like 1/2 tsp)
- 2 tbsp butter spread of choice, such as Earth Balance or Smart Balance Light (or sub 2 tbsp olive oil and a little extra salt if needed) (30g)
- 1 cup milk of choice (240g)
- optional: 1/2 cup of either of the following: nutritional yeast or mozzarella-style shreds (such as Daiya)
- optional: Add a little Dijon mustard or lemon juice if desired. Or sometimes I add dried oregano or rosemary.
Put all ingredients into a medium pot and bring to a complete boil, then cover and simmer 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is fall-apart tender. Pulverize with either an immersion or regular blender. Serve over cooked linguine, or elbow pasta (for cauliflower mac and cheese), or spaghetti squash, rice, steamed veggies, or whatever! Makes about 2 cups, and it gets much thicker as it sits.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.