From Quick & Healthy Recipes by Brenda Ponichtera RD
lb. lean beef, pork or chicken cut into inch strips or lb. of scallops or shrimp
1 small onion, sliced
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
2 cups fresh broccoli flowerets
1 cup sliced carrots
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 teaspoon soy sauce
2-4 tablespoons water
1. Spray a skillet with non-stick coating.
2. Add meat or seafood & stir-fry with garlic until cooked. Remove & keep warm.
3. Stir-fry carrots & onions until carrots are partially done. Add water, as needed, to prevent sticking.
4. Add broccoli, mushrooms & soy sauce. Stir-fry until vegetables are done to your liking.
5. Add meat or seafood. Serve with rice or noodles.
Makes 4 servings
Nutrition Information per serving without rice: & with rice:
Calories 145 260
Total Fat (grams) 5 6
Sodium (milligrams) 165 173
Carbohydrate (grams) 13 39
Protein (grams) 16 18
Dietary fiber (grams) 4 6
Exchanges: 2 meat + 2 vegetable + 1 starch
Other vegetables that are good in stir-fry are: green or red peppers, celery, green onions, zucchini, cauliflower, cabbage, snow peas, bean sprouts.